In Florence, I visited the Basilica di Santa Maria del Fiore (the cathedral church/duomo), the baptistery, the Ponte Vecchio (a Medieval bridge over the Arno River, noted for still having shops built along it. It is one of Europe's oldest wholly-stone, closed-spandrel segmental arch bridges), saw the David statue replica in the Piazza della Signoria and shopped at Leonardo's Leatherworks shop (the highest quality leather in Italy). I also got lost in Florence for a bit while looking for a soccer shop. I found the soccer shop - after some help from locals - and eventually made my way back to the Piazza. Oops. My second day in Florence was split in two - one half was spent in Pisa (that'll be the next posting), the other half was in Florence in the evening.
cieling of the cathedral.
i believe this was hercules, in the piazza.
facade of the Florence cathedral.
coming toward the square.
the campanile (bell tower!)
the ponte vecchio.
why hello there, david.
cathedral & whatnot.
NEXT: PISA (you know, the leaning tower!)
No comments:
Post a Comment